Her actual B'Day was yesterday, but we were at a wedding up in the San Juan Islands so we pretended her B'Day was today. (And to be honest, I was rushing around Friday night and yesterday morning worrying about getting to the ferry on time for the wedding and getting things ready for Aunty Chris to look after the girls ... that I completely forgot it was Kara's B'Day until A. Chris reminded me at 12 noon! Bad parent!).
So we celebrated it today. We'll also have a small "gathering" next weekend - mostly because Kara likes groups of people singing Happy Birthday to her numerous times (my gosh, she is soooo like her father!). And she'll have a celebration at school this week. I have always liked the idea of having a whole birthday week instead of one day. I started doing it a few years ago for myself and I think it will be fun for the girls.
Anyway, whoever she bumped in today was told "I'm 3 and it's my birthday today!". Sometimes she followed this up with "I'd rather be 4, but it's OK".
So Happy Birthday sweetie. Thanks for being you and for making me who I am. You are so full of life and energy ... and have reached the stage where you DO NOT STOP TALKING FOR EVEN A MINUTE (again ... sooooooo much like your father!!). You are the best big sister too. So here's to another year of loving and learning together, my love.
Anyway, just in case everyone has forgotten what my little monsters look like:
Kara on her birthday, in her purple butterfly "I'm a ballerina" dress. (I bought this dress about 18 months ago ... who knew purple would be her favorite color, and she would adore butterflies!).
Sophie about a week ago.
3 comments:
Oh my gosh, they are so big! Kara is such a little girl now!
Hope to see you soon?
Happy birthday Kara! Hoping to see you in a couple of weeks!
happy birthday kara .u r big girl ------u r looking so cute.
Post a Comment