Monday, January 4, 2010

This will bring a smile to your face mum!

Sophie's first day at pre-school!
I know I have dropped them both off together at play dates, at friend's houses, and at Sophie's old daycare ... but somehow this was really different. I amost had tears in my eyes! I felt like I was dropping them both off at their first day at college together!! They were so over-the-top excited this morning I thought they would both crash by 10am. And I found I kept finding things to tell the teacher about Sophie, procrastinating, as I really just wanted to stay there all day and watch them both play and learn.

My 2 big girls.

Crazy Sophie and her protective big sister. And check out the matching lunch bags ... individually labeled with painter's tape of course (so hard to find a non-disney, non-commercial pack that's also pink!).

Sophie's eyes were lit up like twinkling stars this morning as she exclaimed "I really get to stay here today?!".
And she didn't have a single accident at all today! (I really don't care if she has 5 each day for the rest of the week ... as long as she was perfect today, she can now do what she wants).
And both girls were so exhausted tonight that Sophie went to bed at 6pm and Kara at 6:20pm.
And I'm now on the couch with a wine and the internet!
Come on 2010, bring it on!

4 comments:

Thrift Store Mama said...

So happy for all of you. I love wine and internet, too !

Rachel et Natalie said...

another mile stone. They look wonderful

Mom said...

OMG!!! This would have been too much for me too! I think I would have cried a river!!! Good for both of them! Good for you too! Now, what's next? BTW, they are gorgeous in every picture!

Ryaanne said...

Congratulations on this amazing milestone. Hugs from VA.