Friday, June 12, 2009

Talk of the play ground

Who knew!
Kara, and her 2 school friends (G & L) from last Sunday, must have made their play date sound like the party to end all 3-4 year old parties! When I picked Kara up from school on Monday, 3 other girls came up and pleaded with me that they could come to Kara's house this weekend. Then I kid you not, but on Tuesday I had 5 girls swarm me .. and on Wed I had 6, yes 6 girls all tugging on my shirt and pants and trying to hold my hands and discussing how I was going to fit everyone in my 2 car seats so I could take them back THAT NIGHT for a play date. It was hilarious! (And Kara truly looked so proud!).
I swear all I did was let them jump all over the front and back of my couch! There was no dress-ups, no trampolines or pools, no TV or movies, no juice boxes or cake (although I guess I did buy them chocolate milk which I think was the first time any of them had actually tasted it). I don't think they even played with any of the toys in the play room. They just ran from one end of the house and back again, pretended everything was either a bus stop or a train station, cooked each other pretend food, played hide and seek behind the limited shrubs in our limited garden, or pretended to be each other's pet kitty or puppy. Oh, and jumping on "grandma's" bed and the couch ... I guess that all sounds like fun!
************************
Here are lots and lots of photos of my monsters (starting from today and working back until Sophie's birthday 5 weeks ago!):

Taken tonight - Kara had been spraying Sophie with the hose outside - check out the curls!

Check out the giggles!

Someone always has to play "sick" each day.

And here is Dr. Kara, the self-proclaimed "pretty doctor".

Miss Blue Eyes


Chillin' on a Sunday

A Sunday laugh

Mother's Day at Kara's school - she made cookies and a cup of tea for mum and grandma

Sophie turns two (and yes, she picks out her own clothes!)

Sophie first had a cup cake when Mireille turned three (Jan) and I swear she has mentioned cup cakes every day since

What could be better?

The only thing better than pink frosting is CHOCOLATE frosting with SPRINKLES (and you can see Kara has similar clothes sense to Sophie)

Happiness

After the frosting has gone ... well, what's the point?

Grandma bought Sophie a set of musical instruments for her birthday and they have been banged and clashed and rattled ever since.

3 comments:

V said...

Wow. Just wow! The girls are gorgeous!

Mom said...

Ditto!!!!!!!

Silvia said...

2nd Birthday! Wow, seems like yesterday you said you were pregnant! They look so much like you and Lance, and each other.