I think this is the only matching outfit they have (if you can call pajamas an "outfit"). I now realize we spend a LOT of time on this couch on Sunday mornings as this seesm to be a regular blog photo.
Sophie told me to "take a photo of baby, mumma". I'm not sure which one looks more porcelain-like!
Kara's "linear" phase.
Kara wanted me to take a photo of her hair ... more on her hair "obsession" in the next post ...

In the past, I rarely had the energy or patience to let them paint and do crafts at the same time - I know that's really bad - but the chaos was all a bit too much. Kara has always been quite "neat" in most things (e.g. eating, painting, cooking ... even water play!) and she never drew on walls, spilt paint, etc. Then there's Sophie who is a complete mess (and revels in it) while eating, playing, painting, etc. The muddier, the goopier, the sloshier, the better. You can see her mind thinking "I wonder what this red paint will look like on the white walls ... hmmm, yes, it does look rather good". Anyway, Sophie can somewhat contain herself now (except for her eating, my lord!) and they are content to work on different things. Sooooo much easier!

Ha, Sophie even paints messy! I remember Kara dabbing little bits of paint all over the paper whereas Sophie likes all the colors blobbed in the same spot. I just love how they are so different in absolutely everything!

OK, so this is the COOLEST ever! I am seriously impressed with this one! And it's not often I get to see Kara's drawings being created (although I was off in the next room trying to get the red ink stamp and blue crayon out of Sophie's mouth ... I tell you, she's just a mess). I did have to ask her who it was when she was finished and it seemed so completely obvious when she told me ...

"
It's a daddy mouse"
And it really does look like a daddy mouse I think! I could not do better myself, not even close. The mouse has eyes, an attempt at eyelashes and eyebrows, fuzzy hair, a nose and mouth, a body and legs.
3 comments:
I recognized it right away. Mnind you we are watching Angelina the mouse dancer at the moment.
The 2 girls are so beautiful.
What a great idea to have them paint at the same time on the easel.
Eamon is not so messy either and I wonder it's a Virgo trait. You're very brave though as I leave painting as an activity that happens at preschool only! As always I love Kara's drawings.
I, too, love Kara's drawings. Helen and Connor are very different, and I find myself asking "girl vs. boy?" "first-born vs. second?" "am I a different parent now?"
Post a Comment