Saturday, December 13, 2008

Who's that girl?

Kara has been a delight of late (and even her teachers believe there is/was a connection between "X" and her acting out of character). But even so, the last 2 days has me wondering which other child Lance brought home from Kara's school this week. She played by herself and/or with Sophie all day, and worked on her "projects" by herself before asking for help. She has said her please, thank-you & your welcome's 100 times each day (to the point that it was getting quite bizarre) and she OFFERED to clean up the play room twice today - she even cleaned up Sophie's mess where she normally argues fanatically about who's pile is who's. She even cleaned up mummy and daddy's pile of clothing and bath towels, helped make lunch and dinner, took everyone's dinner plates to the sink, etc. And tonight before bedtime I asked her to get into her pajamas, clean her teeth, and pick out a book to read ... and before I knew it she had done them all without procrastination (this usually happens only after 20 reminders).

Of course I have completely jinxed the remainder of the weekend, but this has truly been an amazing day (including a 2.5 hr nap!) so it's worth the risk.

Sophie on the other hand has been out-of-sorts lately. She doesn't seem to want to go to bed at 6:30pm (the exact time she has gone to bed for the last 10 months). When we put her to sleep she'll turn her crib mobile on ... then she'll wake about 4:30 in the morning and turns the mobile on again. She doesn't make any noise at least, but the mobile certainly wakes everyone else up (and I don't want to take the mobile away since it's obviously making her happy and I would rather this than her crying at night and in the morning). She also is rarely taking a daytime nap which is realy annoying ... but I think this is all a phase and things will hopefully return.

***********
We're going to get our Christmas Tree tomorrow - oddly enough we have never purchase a live tree ever before so this is all new to us. Kara and I have been working on the tree decorations - I'll post a photo when it's all up and glowing.

No comments: