I feel so happy!
I think it's something in the water here in Seattle - EVERYONE seems so happy. It's quite bizarre, which in itself is a bizarre thing to say - but I guess I never got that feeling of everyone being really happy in DC.
I've just come in from my deck - we sat in the sun having dinner with a wonderfully clear view of Mt. Rainier. Prior to that we tried to pick Kara up from her new Montessori school. I say 'try' because when we got there she was sitting at a picnic table outside with 5 other kids - she was laughing with them, talking to them, and most incredible of all, just sitting still and enjoying herself. So much so that I left her there to pick up Sophie. On my return, Kara was STILL SITTING IN THE SAME POSITION. Incredible! Kara actual stayed still for 20 minutes! Also, she is the youngest of about 20+ other kids ranging from 3 to 6 years, so her speech and behaviour seem to have matured in just the last 5 days. So I'm very happy about this arrangement.
Kara has come home so happy each day (although she still gets a tad upset when we drop her off - but it's just her first week). Not all was good - if you recall a few posts ago, we were busily working on fully potty training Kara. Fully - meaning that she would take herself to the loo, undress, go potty, wipe, flush, dress, and wash hands. All by herself. Hmmm .... the Monday before she started school she actually pee'd on herself NINE times before her midday nap. Yes, you read correctly ... N..I..N..E... times. I didn't think it was even possible. I guess it was her way of saying "back-off and I'll get there!" But things improved immensely although we still had to supervise and go with her each time. Just goes to show how differently kids act with other adults - she had no accidents at school on Day 1 (although she may have actually held in in all day); 1 accident on Day 2 ... then she has taken herself to the loo ever since.
Sophie is still one happy little chappy - maybe even more so if this is possible. She has taken to imitate what Kara and we do. She likes to put items in containers then put the lid on, and she copies Kara exactly by putting a baby in the kid's stroller and gets behind it and walks as if she is pushing it down the street. (She's not walking yet unless she is behind something like the stroller).
My work is good. Crazy busy, but good. But that's all I can say!
Lance enjoyed his first few days in 2 months without kids! He got rid of all the remaining boxes from our move so the house looks 100 times better already. Lance's mum comes over in just 2 weeks time for a massive 6-week visit! We're very excited about that. Kara will had such a great time (and we'll get a break - yippee!!!!).
And my best friend lives a mere 7-minute walk away so I get to see her all the time! Can't get better than that. (Although I do miss my mum's group in DC. I get to hear all about their weekly get-togethers and night's out, and I really do miss seeing all their kids grow up alongside Kara and Sophie).
So yes, life is momentarily very good.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Is that the same water that Sophie drank and made her sick?! Heehee, just teasing.
Post a Comment