Friday, November 8, 2013

The power of written words

Thumbing through posts from last year and I thought I'd give a few updates ... starting with my cravings for Ramen noodles.

Since putting those words on paper/blog, it would be another 10 and a half months before I would cave in and have my fix of 2 packets of oriental Ramen noodles and a half pound of cheese (only a slight exaggeration). The thought of eating this in the months leading up to my big race in Aug ... well, I decided I just couldn't do it to my system, that somehow it would sabotage all the good I was doing. So it wasn't until mid Sept that I next had them.

And I haven't had them since either (although I did hesitate at the store today). Not because I suddenly realized how unsatisfying they were (they still tasted good and homey to me!) but I guess the habit had passed.

Maybe I should now write about my habit of cutting off huge hunks of cheddar cheese as a snack (I'm talking big), in order to kick this habit too ...

1 comment:

Ryaanne said...

I love cheese as a snack. So satisfying because it is salty.