Sunday, February 24, 2008

I pee pee on the toilet mummy!

And she did. All by herself! Considering the last couple of chaotic weeks I have had, this was a highlight. She must be doing this at daycare (to what frequency I have no idea), but it's the first time at home that she has gone to the loo all by herself.

First, Kara made sure I remained in the next room and I had to promise her I wouldn't move or help her at all. Then after a few minutes and lots of rustling ... "I pee pee on the toilet mummy!" I went in and sure enough she had gotten her pants off and was sitting up there with a book open on her lap and a big grin on her face. She then repeated this again later in the morning, once with a "pee pee" and once with "poo poo". Yippee! (But by the end of the day she had also pooped in her pull-up and pee'd when she didn't have her pull-ups on ... so there's a way to go yet). Funnily, she hasn't mastered the art of putting her pants back on - instead she hops off the toilet and waddles into where I'm sitting with her pants around her ankles saying "help please mummy".

No comments: