Saturday started out magnificently, with temps reaching mid-70's and sunny. Perfect Seattle weather, and always a good day when you can see Mt. Rainier from the play-room in the morning. Sat was spent pottering in the garden followed by an afternoon dip in the wading pool at Aunty Chris's (sorry, no photos due to censorship rules!). Sun was spent at the local beach again (colder and windier than last time) then we scouted out local playgrounds in the neighborhood. We'll go to Aunty Chris's again tomorrow for a BBQ - a wonderful colleague of mine gave me a large number of salmon and halibut fillets to enjoy (he goes fishing in Alaska every year!) and Uncle Joe-Joe has promised to make his famous "salmon & halibut fish n' chips"!!
.
The house in bloom! My childhood memories are often filled by an enormous rhododendron where I spent many an hour hiding in and playing around. I now have 7 of them (albeit much smaller)! Even more exciting is that all 7 are different colours: there's red, light pink, dark pink, white, maroon, light purple and dark purple. I've heard that there's also a yellow - I'm now on a mission.
.
Relaxing with Soph.
.
At the beach ... in a jacket and gumboots!
.
Sunny but breezy.
.
The before shot.
.
The during shot!
.
Kara's flower garden (separate from her veggie garden).
.
K's 2 by 4' masterpiece.
I did the figures but Kara did the rest, including painting around the shapes to make a heart and triangle.
No comments:
Post a Comment