Kara was so excited that it was Sophie's birthday, but only because she assumed it was her birthday too! So after we all sang Happy Birthday to Sophie, I had to sing a special Happy Birthday to Kara as well.
Mum - Whose birthday is it Kara?
Kara - Sophie and mines birthday!
Mum - Oh! How old are you Kara?
Kara - 2 and a half!
(note: she says "half" like an American!)
Mum - How old is Sophie?
Kara - 2 and a half too!
Mum - Really? How old is daddy?
Kara - Oh, he's really old!
(I wasn't game to ask her how old I was after that).
We had a BBQ at home with our Seattle friends and a great time was had by all. Sophie missed half of her birthday as she went to bed at her usual 6:15pm ... but Kara stayed up until 8pm - she was literally asleep before her head hit the pillow but was gallantly trying to stay awake to tell me I had to put the books back on the shel ..f.. zzzzzzzzz.
There's some nice photos of Sophie on her birthday on Grandma Reina's camera ... so once I figure out how to transfer them over I'll post them (her memory card is different to ours).
In the meantime, here's some from my camera (photos from the last week):
I can sit in a box on my birthday if I want to!
Party room #1 (play room)
Party room #2 (basement)

The 'artist' at work
Check out my shoes!
Grandma Reina & Sophie
1 comment:
Wait - you mean your playroom and your basement ARE SEPARATE ROOMS?!?!
Post a Comment