Saturday, November 13, 2010

Food round up

Ha, I thought I was only joking about toasted cheese sandwiches this week ... but that's about as creative as I have felt in the kitchen this week.

Sun - bought Tomato bisque/soup with toasted cheese sandwiches. There are those days where I feel lazy and serve them 'bought' instead of 'homemade' things ... but the girls just don't go for the bought soup at all. Too salty maybe (as I don't add salt to anything myself). I know soup is easy, but I really have to be in the mood to make it. So this soup was a bust.

Mon - soy hot dogs mixed with udon noodle things. Kara polished it all off ... Sophie ate the hot dog pieces and only ate the noodles when we twirled them on a fork for her. (The girls will only eat soy hot dogs and not the meat ones ... which is fine with me but no-one ever has these at BBQ's! They also typically don't eat sausages, hamburgers or pizza ... so we always bring our own soy hot dogs everywhere we go).

Tues - can't remember but I think it was 'scraps from the fridge' night.Wed - homemade tomato soup with rice. Always a winner.

Thurs - lamb patties with veggies ... little less garam marsala this time. Huge hit with both of them and easy to make, bonus.

Frid - fish fingers and veggie scraps. Only fish that Sophie gobbles down. Always a crowd pleaser.

Sat - homemade pumpkin soup (with thyme and orange juice) and toasted bagels, cream cheese and tomato. Kara ate everything, Sophie didn't like the soup (I tend to overdose on the thyme as I love it).

No comments: