Saturday, November 21, 2009

Way too many photos, I know

And it has taken forever to upload them, but this place was cool! I've been grumbling about most of the museums here (mostly because taking the whole family gets expensive) but this one held the girl's attention the entire time, and them some!! You'll see why below - the only down side is it's 30 minutes out of town (and expensive ... so we got a membership).

Imagine Children's Museum:


Kara loves horses/ponies right now.


Sophie prefers things more mechanical.


Kara liked milking the cow but wondered how the milk got in the cow in the first place.


You move the tubes around to provide the "eggs" a safe passage down.
Let's go to ...

... school! (I think Sophie will be a nerd like me).

The largest train track the girl's have ever played with.

The glow zone.

Very cool indeed - their very own outdoor dinosaur dig (although it had been raining ... and there was a rooftop playground which was more appealing).

Chess board and music/xylophone area.

The playground (well, half of it!).

Art Studio

Even dad got involved in ...

... making a turkey out of mummy!

Building area.

The water area - they spent most of the time here.

There was water everywhere!

Sophie was in heaven - we had to drag her away!

The happiest little girl - she had the best time!

The tree house.

The pizza restaurant.

The theatre.

The animal clinic.

Kara decided the frog needed an operation (she said it was too late for the eagle).

The reading room.

The Einstein area (? I guess they had to call it something).

And the fire truck - we had to drag them away from here as well ... what IS it about fire trucks that kids can't get enough of???

And I didn't add the bus, the lighthouse, the bank/vault, the mountain and climbing wall, the barber shop ... there was just so much to do! You know what the grandparents will be doing when they come over!!!

2 comments:

V said...

Now THAT looks like the best children's museum anywhere!! I am envious.

The Lowe said...

That place looks so cool.