Kara's long, thick, naturally highlighted, bouncy, shiny, beautiful hair.
So imagine my reaction when her school called today to say "... umm, could you come and pick Kara up from school ... yeah, she's in isolation with several other girls ... umm, yeah, we think they all have head lice ...".
My first thought is how much I would cry if I had to cut Kara's hair.
My second thought is how much Kara would cry if we had to cut her hair. (This would be my bad doing since I tell her everyday how beautiful her hair is that she absolutely adores her own hair!).
I'm just hoping we caught this fairly early. The teachers showed me one of the other girls hair and, my lord, I saw them MOVING (freak out!). I could only see "nits" in Kara's hair ... but then after treating her hair and pain-stakingly combing her hair for over 1 hour (she really does have soooo much hair) I did actually comb out some half-dozen ex-live lice ... so hopefully we have caught this in time. But she won't be allowed to return to school until all "nits" have gone. I guess I am going to experience first hand where the expression "nit-picking" comes from!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
Oh. my. god. I live in fear of this happening. Not necessarily because of the lice or nits, but because of all the work that will have to go into washing all the bedding, towels, blankets, hats, anything that is on or near their body. My most sincere condolences and my very best wishes for a quick erradication.
Oh, I know. And I was by myself for several hours so I had to coordinate the hair treatment/combing; washing bedding, hats, teddy bears, you name it; and keeping the 2 girls away from each other (although I also treated Sophie's hair as a precaution - even though you are only meant to treat live lice). I just sat Kara in front of a movie so she would sit still for (literally) 2 hours!
Oh, I do hope we got it in time. I don't want to be doing this every few days!
Oh no!!!!
It's funny I read this now - giving Eamon a bath tonight he talked about the teachers telling them to wash their hair because of bugs. Now I know the teachers would inform us directly but it made me think and so I searched the boy's head for ages. Thankfully his hair is short but I was thinking, my God, I'm not ready for this.
Found nothing by the way.
Post a Comment