So Lance is away this weekend - Seattle Epic Bike Ride #3. Epic typically means several hours of driving and anywhere from 5-8 hours of mountain bike riding. Epic Ride #3 is in Hood River, Oregon; #2 was in Cashmere, WA riding up to and along a mountain ridge (Lance said one of his best rides ever) ... and now I can't remember where #1 was.
As an anniversary present to Lance this year I gave him a weekend off each month - so he alternates between hiking and riding, and no doubt snowboarding when winter arrives. Typically he is gone for just one full day but "Epics" usually require 1.5-2 days total. Lance graciously offered that the whole family go down to Oregon with him ... but he is doing this ride with 12 other guys who he used to Snowboard Instruct with when we used to live here ... which means every inch of floor to himself ... ahhh, no thanks!
Contrast this to the start of my work week where my "Epic" day also consists of several hours of driving and anywhere from 5-8 hours of meetings! Yes, I get to go to Pasco, WA on Monday which is a good 3.5 hours drive from Seattle ... in the MIDDLE of absolute nowhere too ... but at least it will be guaranteed warm, sunny weather as soon as I drive over the mountain pass from Seattle. Ahh, I miss the sun so much already!
Not fair you cry?
Well, for our anniversary I also gave Lance memberships to the Seattle Zoo and Aquarium ... so on the other weekends he takes the girls to one of these while I snooze in bed until about 12 noon!! Good thinking, huh!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
You're not going to believe this, but I was in Pasco, WA for work several weeks ago. Surprisingly, I came out of there without a nuclear glow. I had no idea that there was an arid region in WA. Crazy. But kind of a cool place. Pretty good brewpubs. - Rich
Post a Comment