(And no ... I'm not talking about Obama for once!!)
Unbelievable #1: Sophie is 18 months old today! Oh my! It seems like yesterday I was bringing her home and our family became whole. She is absolutely incredible. So happy. So inquisitive. So delightful. So fun. But much, much more about her in future posts.
(It's also Jason's birthday today ... he almost seems like part of the family as he's been with us for nearly 2 months already).
#2: I burnt Sophie's hand tonight. Well, not really. But I had put the front burner of the stove on by mistake -I realized this and turned it off and put the back one on instead. So it had been off for about 4 minutes when Sophie reached up and touched her hand to it. (Yes, she is tall enough to reach the stove top already). Oh, she was really crying ... and Sophie NEVER cries so I was getting worried ... in the end I think she was more shocked than actually hurt thankfully. Man, did I feel bad though. Lesson learned.
#3: After been so good for so long, Kara's bad behaviour continued this morning and supposedly all day at school. Answering back to the teachers, not listening, yelling and general insolence. I truly think it is linked to "X" again. I thought things had greatly improved at school with "X" and he had been quite sweet with me, Kara and even Sophie. But when I went to pick Kara up at school on Monday "X" was throwing a tantrum at school. No big deal in itself, but I didn't think the Director handled it appropriately (she kept telling "X" that he needed to go and sit away from the other kids, etc, etc ... but never followed through with what she was saying). So I think Kara has seen this and thought it must be OK to disregard what the teachers ask you to do as there are no consequences. (Sigh)
#4: and it was just one of those days at work - I spent the day in Harassment training (our work 'supposedly' has had a couple of 'incidents' lately, so we all had to suffer through FOUR HOURS of training ... complete with scenarios, break out groups ... ahhhh ... and I just wanted to go and get some work done).
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
18 months, unbelievable!
time does fly. I was annoyed when people would tell me that when Rachel was a baby, but I guess they were right
Post a Comment